Do you like engaging and learning a little “this and that” about vintage and thrifty home decorating ideas? Join in on this week’s conversation!
Do you guys like hearing about “this and that”, a weekly wrap-up of all things thrifty and vintage in home decorating?
I shared a Let’s Talk About This and That… post a couple of weeks ago and it looks like it really resonated with many of you.
I’m going to try and post a “this and that” twice a month or so. I’m not sure I will get to write one every week, though they are fun to recap and write when I have a little downtime.
So let’s talk about dabbling in “this and that” again this week…
A Barn Sale Visit
I hit up this barn sale on Saturday in Rupert, Vermont.
I saw it advertised on Facebook Marketplace showcasing some snowshoes, boat oars, and wooden maple syrup paddles that I thought I may be interested in.
Well, those items were a bit overpriced in my opinion selling for around $179 each. Yikes!
But I did find these two yellow $15 McCoy vases, just perfect for spring.
Along with these adorable vintage sherbert bowls and plates for $24.
A New Sign
Snow in the Spring
It rained so hard here on Monday and Tuesday that we lost all our beautiful snow this week in Vermont.
It’s not over just yet, but definitely, a sign that spring is on its way.
Oops, I spoke too soon. We got about 4″ of unexpected snow overnight and this morning was absolutely spectacular.
So of course I grabbed a bunch of my many spring tulips and took about 1000 photos…
Sterling Silver Wipes
I can’t wait to try them out on my mother’s sterling silver flatware set.
And they work on brass, copper, and gold too!
Antique Candle Co.
My favorite candles by Antique Candle Co. have a fresh new look for spring and they just introduced their newly fresh brewed coffee scents too!
They smell absolutely amazing, friends! You may shop them all HERE.
This week I partnered up with Schweitzer Linen again to share their beautiful gifted bedding with you for spring.
The blues and taupes are just extraordinary for the upcoming season.
You can save 20% OFF all their products with the coupon code DYGEN20 too!
A Few Ideas I Collected From Around the Web…
- Kim over at Shiplap and Shells is sharing the most beautiful trim color in her post Laundry Room Refresh – 10 Years of Before and Afters.
- Rachel from The Pond’s Farmhouse is sharing this St. Patty’s Day Table Decorations with a Touch of Pink.
- Robyn from Robyn’s French Nest is sharing 5 Easy Ways to Decorate Your Kitchen for Spring.
- My neighbor Jennifer over at Cottage on Bunkerhill shares this Easy Glazed Lemon Loaf Cake (Better Than Starbucks®) YUM YUM!
- Kristin over at White Arrows Home is talking all about 7 WAYS TO SET A SPECIAL EASTER TABLE.
- You are going to love Stephanie from Celebrated Nest’s post on HOW TO DECORATE A SPRING DOUGH BOWL too.
I’m so glad you dropped by today friend, and if you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you enjoyed your visit with us here today at our Home in Vermont.
Be sure to also check out our Home in Coastal Maine where we spend summers and weekends when we are craving a walk on the beach or a visit with old friends.
Please join me as a regular here at Dabbling & Decorating by signing up for my Saturday morning newsletter and never miss an update!
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY
- Eclectic Vintage Interior Design Ideas with Old Holiday Stuff
- Best Barn Finds in a Big Red Barn on a Sunday Foliage Drive
- Order of the Eastern Star Amidst This Vintage Market Haul
- Country Estate Sale Near Me This Weekend
- 13 + Best-Loved Vintage Antiques and Uniques
- Thrift Vintage | A Church Collection Basket, and Wild Oats
- A Bernese Mountain Dog & The Gift of a Whale
- Irresistible New England Antique Barn Sale | Budget Friendly
- 58+ Old Fashioned Bargains and 3 Summer Vintage Markets
- Mother Nature And An Antique Millinery Hat Mold