Hi, I’m Ann, a home decor blogger here at Dabbling and Decorating, a thrifty and vintage home decorating blog from our collected homes in Vermont and Coastal Maine. Dabbling & Decorating launched in 2017 after I retired from a 26-year career in education sales in Connecticut and moved to our dream spot in the mountains of Vermont. Join me here for our Vermont Home Tour.
Passionate about decorating my home since I was a little girl growing up on the coast of Maine, I constantly changed around my parent’s Coastal Maine Home every time they left the house! I share all about our family’s Coastal Maine Heritage and Embracing my Roots here.
I learned everything from my mother, who was an avid antiquer, thrifter, decorator, and crafter. My father enjoyed making his own furniture, antiquing, and playing tennis until he was 86 years old! There’s not a thrift shop or a flea market that I can pass by!
After the passing of my parents, we have been renovating and decorating the Coastal Maine home they passed down to us with all their collected antiques.
It is very dear to our family and I would love for you to follow along in the featured blog series In My Mother’s Home.
My husband of 24 years and I enjoy skiing, hiking, kayaking, golfing, and traveling together.
Along with our sidekick Ella, a Bernese Mountain Dog who pops in from time to time.
The Vintage Soul
Oh, and you will also find me “Dabbling & Decorating” and selling some of my favorite vintage wares in the window at The Vintage Soul in Manchester, Vermont.
PROUD TO BE FEATURED
It was such an honor to be interviewed as a guest on the podcast “Blogging Creatives on Fire” where I shared helpful tips and insight into my personal blogging journey. In case you missed it, you can catch my episode HERE!
Holly | Living it Country
LATEST ON THE BLOG
- A Vintage Christmas Haul and 3 Holiday Wreaths
- Christmas Old Colonial Fireplace, Hearth, and Mantel
- 32 Antique Christmas Decor Treasures to Look for in 2022
- 6+ Holiday Pointers for Setting a Coastal Tablescape
- Unseasonably Warm in November, A Simple Neighborhood Gathering
- 3 Reasons Why Split Rail Fencing is Always a Good Idea
- Sugar Glider Kitchen School with Gesine Bullock-Prado of “Baked in Vermont”, Insights from a Novice
- That Wistful Nostalgia of Autumn
- The Finest Winter Wonderland Dinnerware Set
- 10 Irresistible Antique Bargain Finds Thrifting with the Gals