Take your Galentine’s Day celebration to the next level with thrifted dishware! Share your love for vintage with these lovely Galentine table decorating tips.
What is Galentine’s Day?
Galentine’s Day, a day dedicated to celebrating female friendship, is the perfect occasion to gather your closest girlfriends and host a fabulous brunch. It’s a time to appreciate and uplift the incredible women in your life.
Vintage by Design
Let’s explore some ideas for a fun and memorable Galentine’s Day brunch.
- Galentine’s Brunch Invite:
Send out invitations that reflect the vintage theme. Use delicate floral patterns, vintage fonts, and pastel colors to set the tone for the event. Consider including a small handwritten note to make each invitation feel personal and special.
- Venue and Decor:
Choose a venue that complements the vintage theme. An outdoor garden, a cozy tearoom, or a charming vintage-inspired café would be perfect. Decorate the space with lace tablecloths, vintage china, and floral arrangements in teacups or antique vases. Add some soft lighting with vintage-style lamps or candles to create a warm and inviting ambiance. Shop your local thrift shops for nostalgic vintage dishware.
- Galentine’s Day Brunch Food Ideas:
Prepare a delicious and indulgent brunch menu for your Galentine’s Day celebration. Offer a variety of options to cater to different tastes and dietary preferences. Create a menu that reflects the vintage era. Serve traditional brunch items such as quiches, finger sandwiches, scones, and tea cakes. (You may enjoy this 12 Table Topics with Thrifted Tea and Toast Fanfare post.) Offer a variety of teas, including classic English breakfast tea and floral-infused herbal teas. For a sweet touch, include a dessert table with vintage-inspired treats like macarons, petit fours, and homemade pies. Some other ideas include:
- Build-Your-Own Waffle Bar: Provide freshly made waffles and an array of toppings like berries, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and sprinkles.
- Mimosa or Bellini Bar: Set up a bar with different flavors of juices and sparkling wine for your girlfriends to mix their own mimosas or bellinis.
- Bagel and Lox Spread: Create a beautiful spread of bagels, smoked salmon, cream cheese, and assorted toppings like capers, onions, and tomatoes.
- Mini Quiches or Frittatas: Serve bite-sized quiches or frittatas with various fillings like spinach, mushrooms, cheese, and bacon.
- Fresh Fruit Salad: Offer a refreshing fruit salad with various colorful fruits. You can also make fruit skewers for a fun presentation.
4. Gift Exchange: As a special touch, organize a gift exchange among friends. Encourage guests to bring a small vintage-inspired gift for each other, such as a vintage brooch, a retro handbag, or a personalized vintage-style journal. This will add a heartfelt and personal element to your celebration.
The most important aspect of a Galentine’s Day brunch is celebrating and appreciating the friendships that bring joy and support into our lives. A vintage theme adds a touch of whimsy and elegance to the occasion, making it a memorable and cherished experience for everyone involved. So gather your gal pals, put on your vintage best, and enjoy a delightful Galentine’s Day brunch that is vintage by design.
Vintage Galentine’s Day Brunch Dishes
Thrifted vintage dinnerware adds a touch of nostalgia and uniqueness to your dining experience. Each piece tells a story and brings a sense of history to your table. So, start your hunt for thrifted vintage dinnerware and enjoy the beauty and charm it brings to your meals and gatherings. Here are some tips for finding and incorporating thrifted vintage dinnerware into your table setting:
- Thrift Stores and Flea Markets: Start your hunt for vintage dinnerware at local thrift stores and flea markets. These places often have hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Take your time to browse through the shelves and racks, keeping an eye out for vintage plates, bowls, cups, and saucers. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different patterns and styles to create a visually interesting and eclectic collection.
- Estate Sales and Garage Sales: Keep an eye on estate sales and garage sales in your area. These events can be a treasure trove for vintage dinnerware. Estate sales, in particular, may have complete sets of vintage china that belonged to previous generations. Be prepared to negotiate prices and ask about the history of the dinnerware if possible.
- Online Marketplaces: If you prefer shopping from the comfort of your home, online marketplaces like eBay, Etsy, and Facebook Marketplace offer a wide variety of thrifted vintage dinnerware options. You can search for specific patterns or styles that you’re interested in and even connect with sellers who specialize in vintage dinnerware. Make sure to carefully read the descriptions, look at photos, and ask any questions before making a purchase. Learn more in the How to Shop For Vintage Decor Online post.
- Mix and Match: One of the charms of thrifted vintage dinnerware is the ability to mix and match different patterns and styles. Don’t be afraid to combine floral patterns with delicate pastels or bold geometric designs. The key is to find a common element, such as a color scheme or a similar era, to create a cohesive look—experiment with layering different plates and using mismatched cups and saucers for a whimsical and personalized table setting.
Last spring, I picked up this vintage Desert Rose dinnerware set at a local thrift shop. Classic in its design and nostalgia and oh-so-pretty in pink, it is my choice for this year’s Galentine’s Day brunch table setting.
Once you have collected your thrifted vintage dinnerware, it’s time to showcase them in a beautiful table setting. Pair the dinner plates with vintage-inspired linen napkins, antique flatware, and crystal glasses for an elegant and timeless look. Add fresh flowers or vintage-inspired floral arrangements as a centerpiece to enhance the vintage vibe. Consider using vintage tablecloths or lace doilies as a backdrop for your Galentine’s Day brunch table setting.
The soft pink placemats with white thrifted vintage linen napkins elevate the Desert Rose china pattern yet serve as true essentials for our Galentine’s Day brunch table.
Simple candlelight adds warmth to our table on this cold February holiday celebration. Whether it’s Galentines or Valentines that you are celebrating, candles are a must, in my opinion.
“This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.”
Check out these 11 Vintage Inspired Valentine’s Day Decor Ideas too.
Galentine’s Day Brunch Centerpiece
Galentine’s Day is a special day to celebrate the love and friendship between women. If you’re planning a brunch for your gal pals on this fun occasion, creating a festive and fabulous centerpiece can set the mood for a memorable gathering.
I decided to embrace the light mauve-colored dried hydrangeas that I had been harboring since fall. See more in the Summer into Fall: Limelight Hydrangeas, An Old Crate & Fresh Blooms post.
I chose this large thrifted silver vase as the centerpiece vessel, a piece I found this time last year. See more in the Valentine’s Thrifting: Wintery Vintage Haul post.
The faded pink hydrangeas are a beautiful and easy finishing touch for our Galentine’s Day brunch tablescape.
It saved me a few dollars, no water was needed, and I will be able to display this arrangement far past our Galentine’s Day brunch.
This Galentine’s Day brunch centerpiece is now ready to impress the gals and sets the stage for a joyful celebration. The combination of faded pink hydrangeas and decorative accents creates a delightful and feminine atmosphere celebrating the bond of friendship.
Galentine’s Day Decor Accents
A flurry of hearts fluttered in, adds a personal and informal touch to our Galentine’s Day brunch table.
- Silver heart cookie cutter
- Old newspaper heart ornaments
A velvet mauve pillow accentuates the wicker chairs surrounding our Galentine’s Day table.
Vintage blue ice skates hanging from the dining room’s door provides a touch of winter nostalgia for ice skating and bond fires from days gone by.
Remember, the most important aspect of a Galentine’s Day brunch is the love and support among friends. Take this opportunity to express your gratitude and admiration for the incredible women in your life. Celebrate the power of female friendship and create cherished memories that will last a lifetime.
See last year’s Valentine’s Day table in the Romantic Antique Table Setting with Thoughtful Design post.
Happy Galentine’s Day!
I’m so glad you dropped by, and if you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you enjoyed your visit with us today at our Home in Vermont.
Be sure to check out our Home in Coastal Maine, too, where we spend summers and weekends when we are craving a walk on the beach or a visit with old friends.
Shop This Post
* The vintage blue ice skates are hard to find, but they do show up on Etsy and eBay every now and then! Patience and persistence are key…