Bring your home decor to life with old terracotta pots indoors – Style your spaces with a hint of old-world character and thrift store finds.
Outdoor Terracotta Pots Indoors
Incorporating terracotta pots indoors can add a touch of warmth, earthiness, and natural charm to your interior decor. Here are some creative ways to use terracotta pots indoors:
- Herb Garden: Create a mini indoor herb garden by planting culinary herbs like basil, mint, parsley, or rosemary in individual terracotta pots. Place the pots on a sunny windowsill or a designated herb garden shelf in your kitchen for easy access to fresh herbs while adding a rustic touch to your culinary space.
- Succulent Display: Plant various succulents in small terracotta pots and arrange them in a decorative display on a tabletop, shelf, or windowsill. Succulents thrive in terracotta pots due to their porous nature, which helps with proper drainage and prevents overwatering.
- Cacti Collection: Showcase a collection of cacti in different shapes and sizes in terracotta pots for a desert-inspired indoor oasis. Group the pots together on a tray or plant stand to create a visually appealing cacti display that requires minimal maintenance.
- Indoor Planters: Use terracotta pots as versatile planters for a wide range of indoor plants, such as pothos, spider plants, snake plants, or peace lilies. The natural and breathable properties of terracotta pots promote healthy plant growth by allowing air circulation and moisture regulation.
- Hanging Gardens: Hang terracotta pots at varying heights using macrame plant hangers or decorative hooks to create a vertical garden indoors. Plant cascading plants like ivy, ferns, or trailing succulents in the pots to add a lush and green element to your living space.
- Painted Pottery: Customize your terracotta pots by painting them with acrylic paints, geometric patterns, botanical designs, or colorful motifs to match your interior decor theme. Get creative with stencils, brushes, or markers to transform plain terracotta pots into personalized and artistic planters.
- Grouped Arrangements: Arrange terracotta pots in clustered groupings of different sizes, shapes, and heights to create visual interest and a dynamic focal point in any room. Mix and match plants, textures, and pot styles to curate a harmonious and cohesive indoor garden display.
Sitting in our sunroom on a gloomy spring Maine day, it dawned on me that my mother had a wonderful collection of old terracotta pots indoors that she used to love to decorate with. So many of us are used to seeing terracotta pots outdoors; however, for a twist, I have really enjoyed bringing terracotta pots indoors and adding them to my spring decor this year.
Large Terracotta Pots Indoors
By incorporating large terracotta pots indoors in various creative ways, you can bring a natural and organic element to your living space while showcasing spring colors in a stylish and decorative manner.
It sits so beautifully in our sunroom and has the perfect backdrop for styling. The old terracotta pots add color and texture to the apothecary, and the scattered glass candlesticks elevate the paired designs.
Spring Tulip Arrangement
Next, I added pink tulips to a thrifted silver champagne bucket to mix in with the terracotta pots indoors and this vintage apothecary with glass candlesticks.
The mix of colors and chippiness brings all the spring vibes to this room.
I found this silver vase while out “Thrifting with the Gals” for only $8. I love the old patina and charm it adds to all my flower arrangements.
Switch up your indoor decor with seasonal themes by decorating terracotta pots indoors with festive accents like ribbons, ornaments, or seasonal plants. Create a cozy ambiance for holidays or special occasions by incorporating terracotta pots indoors into your seasonal decorations.
You may also enjoy this really fabulous vintage hutch makeover in this same space too!
By incorporating terracotta pots into your indoor decor with creativity and style, you can enhance the natural beauty of your space and create a harmonious environment that celebrates the simplicity and elegance of terracotta pottery.
I have so enjoyed bringing terracotta pots into my home decor this year for all the spring vibes. And if you enjoyed this post, check out this sweet DIY potter shelf that I designed with a children’s old-school desktop! And, of course, all decorated with terracotta pots outside.
I’m so glad you dropped by, and if you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you enjoyed visiting our Home in Coastal Maine with us today.
Be sure also to check out our Home in Vermont, where we spend winters enjoying the coziness of home in the Green Mountains of Vermont.