Looking for a few fun summer DIY projects? I’ve rounded up 15 super cool projects that I know you are going to enjoy and want to start today! Along with a few of my best and most talented blogger friends.
A big shout out and thank you to my friend Rachel, over at The Pond’s Farmhouse for bringing us all together today.
15 Cool Summer DIY Projects to Tackle this Summer
1. DIY License Plate Hat Rack and Wall Decor | Dabbling & Decorating
I found these old vanity Maine license plates in a family shed. Let me show you how I turned them into an adorable hat rack and wall decor. This project is super easy and really packs a fun summer punch!
2. Fourth of July Craft – No Sew Patriotic Pillow Cover | The Ponds Farmhouse
The 4th of July is a time for celebration, and what better way to celebrate than with a patriotic pillow cover? Rachel shares this easy no-sew project that can be customized to your liking.
3. DIY Outdoor Shower Curtain | White Arrows Home
Add a DIY curtain to an outdoor shower for pretty privacy around an often-used patio space.
4. An Outdoor Summer Tablescape Using Blues and Terracotta | The Tattered Pew
Need ideas for setting an outdoor summer table? This summer tablescape using touches of blues and terracotta is casual yet elegant as the sun sets and the colors change. Come see how easy it is to set a pretty summer table outdoors!
5. How to Make an Easy DIY Firepit Tabletop for Under $30 | Simply 2 Moms
Looking for a way to protect your firepit from the elements? Well, look no further than this easy DIY firepit tabletop cover! AnnMarie made this with just a few simple materials for about $25.
6. How to Plant a Mosquito Repellent Garden | Stacy Ling Blog
Do you love summer nights outdoors but don’t love the bug bites that come with it? There’s a way to keep the bugs at bay by keeping certain plants nearby. Learn how to plant a mosquito-repellent garden in 7 easy steps.
You may also enjoy the post, White & Green Rustic Summer Flower Planters Sure To Charm You.
7. How to Create an Easy Patriotic Flower Pot | Cottage in the Mitten
Are you ready to celebrate the 4th of July? If you are looking for easy decor, check out this simple patriotic flower pot you can create yourself! It’s perfect to use inside or out on your patio.
You may also enjoy the post, 9 Summer Porches You’ll Fall in Love With.
8. How to Paint a Checkerboard Floor | Peacock Ridge Farm
Create a timeless and beautiful checkerboard floor in your greenhouse for an extra whimsical touch. Learn how to get the job done quickly and easily with this DIY project!
You may also enjoy How to Repurpose an Oil Lamp into a Unique Flowers Vase post.
9. DIY Lake-Themed Patriotic Wreath | Create and Ponder
Looking for a fun and easy summer wreath idea? All you need is a few simple things to make this unique wreath to coordinate with your lake-themed summer decor. It will fit in perfectly with vintage skis or paddles and all those fun family water-fun pictures! Here’s how to make a DIY Lake-Themed Patriotic Wreath.
10. DIY Rain Barrel on a Budget | Midwest Life and Style
Conserve water for your garden and add curb appeal to your outdoor living spaces with this easy step-by-step tutorial to build a DIY water barrel
11. How to Make an Obelisk | Thistlewood Farms
You will never believe what I made this garden obelisk from. Here’s a hint. You probably have one sitting in a closet. It’s such a fun project and makes any planter even prettier.
12. How to Make a Summer Door Basket | Eleanor Rose Home
A hanging summer door basket is a great way to add charm and beauty to your entrance while offering a refreshing change from the usual wreath. Here are 5 easy steps to make your own door basket for summer with vibrant Americana colors.
13. Paper Mache Centerpiece Bowl Pottery Barn Dupe | Amy Sadler Designs
I wanted to see if I could make some of my favorite Pottery Barn looks for less! Here is my attempt at the Paper Mache Centerpiece Bowl from Pottery Barn.
14. Easy Ways to Age Terra Cotta Pots and Style Them | WM Design Home
Want to make your terra cotta pots look like they’ve been around for centuries? Try aging them with fertilizer, yogurt, or salt! These three methods offer a unique and easy way to achieve an aged look.
15. Easy DIY Coastal Mermaid Wreath Perfect for Your Front Door | Cottage on Bunker Hill
Are you looking for a new Summer wreath? If so, then you’ll love this mermaid wreath with a coastal touch. It’s perfect for your front door or beach house.
You may also enjoy the How We Designed & Built A Pea Stone Patio in 2 Days post.
I’m so glad you dropped by, and if you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you enjoyed all of today’s summer projects and inspiration. Which one was your favorite?