Valentine’s Day is just a few weeks away, and as always, I love looking for vintage-inspired and true vintage Valentine’s Day decor ideas and sharing my favorites with you here on the blog.
I’m always so amazed by all the creativity I see online. So grab your favorite warm drink, and let’s get started!
Whether you want to display vintage Valentine’s cards or just want to use your vintage decor finds to create a Valentine’s Day display for your home, this post has all the ideas you’ll need to fill your home with love.
How to Use Vintage Valentine’s Day Decor
There are so many ways to use vintage items to decorate for Valentine’s Day. Here are a few ways to use your favorite vintage pieces this February, whether you’re throwing a party or having a quiet evening at home:
- Vintage Valentine’s Cards Garland: Collect vintage-style Valentine’s Day cards and string them together to create a charming garland to hang across a fireplace, doorway, or along a wall.
- Lace Doilies and Table Runners: Use doilies as placemats or as decorative accents on tables. Lay a vintage lace table runner for a romantic and timeless touch.
- Mismatched Vintage Dishes: Set a romantic table with mismatched vintage plates, cups, and saucers. Look for patterns with floral designs or delicate pastel colors, which are especially nice for Valentine’s Day!
- Antique Candle Holders: Use antique candle holders in brass or silver as a centerpiece on your dining table, coffee table, or even mantle.
- Vintage Floral Arrangements: Use vintage containers like old milk glass bottles or antique tins to display your favorite flowers.
- Chalkboard Signs with Love Quotes: Find an antique-style chalkboard or create one using a vintage frame and chalkboard paint. Then, use them to share quotes or messages around the house.
- Vintage Teacups and Saucers: Serve tea or coffee in vintage teacups and saucers, or use them to hold candy, tea lights, or even small flower arrangements.
Feeling inspired to try out some vintage Valentine’s Day decor ideas of your own? Keep reading for 11 real-world design ideas you can bring to life in your home this holiday.
11 Vintage Inspired Valentine’s Day Decor Ideas
Rachel, over at The Ponds Farmhouse, shares this beautiful Valentine’s Day table that is so versatile and not just for Valentine’s Day! I love the idea of using neutral Valentine’s decor because you can leave it up even when the day is over. The soft colors also keep this table looking beautifully vintage.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.”
SHOP THIS VINTAGE INSPIRED VALENTINE’S DAY DECOR TABLE
Kim from Shiplap and Shells shares the most beautiful garden-inspired Valentine’s Day decor table along with beautiful pink vintage details from her 100-year-old cottage on the Puget Sound. The bold colors from this vintage Valentine’s Day tablescape really brighten up a space and would be so pretty for a Valentine’s brunch or dinner at home.
SHOP THIS VINTAGE INSPIRED VALENTINE’S DAY DECOR TABLE
My friend Kristin over at White Arrows Home shares these 5 simple, rustic, and vintage ideas to add Valentine’s Day decor to your home, along with 25 other amazing bloggers also sharing their vintage-inspired Valentine’s Day decor.
I especially love the heart design she made with these vintage snowshoes! It’s a really creative way to use winter decor for Valentine’s Day.
SHOP VINTAGE SNOWSHOES
Carol from Art and Sand always shares the most beautiful vintage styling from her seaside cottage in California. I love that she kept the color palette really simple – with white walls, cabinets, vintage bowls and a white heart wreath. This blank canvas allowed the small pops of red in this look to really shine.
SHOP VINTAGE-INSPIRED VALENTINE’S DAY DECOR SIMPLE LITTLE TOUCHES
Emily shares how she created this adorable heart garland, and wait until you see her mantel! The hearts are slightly weathered and look really lovely paired with the vintage books and vintage food scale on Emily’s shelf.
SHOP VINTAGE-INSPIRED VALENTINE’S DAY DECOR GALVANIZED HEARTS
Oh my gosh, I am in love with these DIY pink foil apples that Leslie over at My One Hundred Year Old Home made! If you’re looking for a vintage-inspired DIY Valentine’s Day decor idea, then these pink foil apples are an easy project.
You may also enjoy the post, A Thrift Here, a Vintage There, and a Valentine.
Jennifer from Cottage on Bunker Hill shares this beautiful DIY heart wreath. Isn’t it so romantic-looking? Did you know Jennifer is practically a neighbor of ours in Maine?
I just love the soft, natural greenery paired with the light pink flower on this heart-shaped wreath. It’s DIY, but it looks like something you would find in an antique shop.
Robyn from Robyn’s French Nest creates the most amazing vintage-styled tablescapes. And this vintage Valentine’s Day decor table is a true inspiration!
The mini cake stands on each plate are a creative, beautiful touch! But my favorite part is the center display of vintage books and floral arrangements that runs the full length of the table. It is so dreamy and romantic!
Jen from Midwest Life & Style shares this Galentine’s Day table that sure has me wanting to plan a girl’s afternoon for Valentine’s Day. I love the combination of colored vintage glasses, floral plates and gold flatware. The scalloped edges of these unique plates add a soft and romantic touch.
How fun would it be to host a Galentine’s Day brunch at this table? Jen has amazing Valentine’s recipes available on her blog, too!
My friend Michele from Vintage Home shares this sweet DIY baby’s breath wreath and I love how she framed it onto her vintage door. Stunning! Michele is just full of vintage creativity.
This wreath looks luxurious and expensive – but you can make it yourself at home!
SHOP VINTAGE INSPIRED VALENTINE’S DECOR WREATHS
Shauna from Satori Design for Living shares this fabulous Galentine’s Day Tea Party that I just adore. The white, vintage vases look gorgeous with the light pink flowers and fresh natural greenery. The ornate, silver platter is the perfect glamorous touch to this otherwise simple table.
Need More Vintage Valentine’s Day Decor Ideas?
I’m a big fan of Valentine’s Day and absolutely love to create vintage-inspired decor and displays to decorate my home. Here are some of my favorite design ideas:
- Front Door Valentine’s Day Wreaths
- A Simple, Thrifty Valentine’s Day Celebration
- Valentine’s Day Home Decorating Ideas
- DIY Heart Garland for Valentine’s Day
- Pink Romantic Table Setting
- Create a Vintage Valentine’s Day Centerpiece with Antique Transferware
I’m so glad you dropped by today, and if you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you enjoyed today’s round-up of 11 vintage Valentine’s Day decor idea favorites from a few of my friends.